The main areas of Department research are:
1. The development, testing and implementation of technological processes for creation of micro- and nano(opto)electronic devices. Devices and test structures prototyping. Semiconductor devices packaging..
2. The comprehensive study of electrical parameters of semiconductor structures (MIS systems in particularly), localization and study of electrically active defects (EAD)..
3. The analysis of the technological structures and devices radiation resistance.
4. The complex development of analytical integrated and local research methods for MIS structures electrical parameters determination. More over we are developing a complex methods for analyzing and detection the local properties of EAD in various types of technological structures.
5. Certification processes.
6. Performing technological work on wide range of materials deposition including:
– Metals (Al, Ga, Cu, Ti, Ni, Mo, In, Zn, Ag, Hg, Au, Bi, Pb, Fe);
– Semiconductors (AlN, GaN, InN, SiN, SiC, TiN, MgN, BN, SiTe, MoSi2, poly-Si);
– Insulators (SiO2, Al2O3, TiO2, Si3N4).
Наведені матеріалів та їх сполуки, можуть бути напилені на різні типи поверхнонь (в тому числі гнучкі).
Наявне технологічне устаткування IMD дозволяє проводити роботи за різними напрямами:
These materials and their compounds, could be deposited on the different types of surfaces (including flexible substrates).
The available at IMD equipment enables to perform research and manufacture operations in different areas:
– biomedicine, implantology;
– micro- & nano(opto)electronics;
Research group of Prof. OSINSKY
Qualitatively new developments, patented in Ukraine:
• LED chips & heterolasers integration technology based on АЗВ5 heterostructures in combination with CMOS Si integrated circuits;
• epitaxial technology for achieving multilayer LED nanostructures;
• technology for effective radiation output from heterostructures;
• the design of the optical system for radiation output from the chip and direction diagram formation;
• the technology of heat-removing from the LEDs matrixes;
• the LED matrixes control method with minimizing the number of switching elements;
• structure and technology of ohmic contacts for LEDs;
• laser-computer technology to improve the LED chips parameters;
• the active layers materials with quantum dots;
• the technology for creation a stable multi-phase solid solutions to form the LEDs & heterolasers emitting regions.